Sunday, September 18, 2011

Drywall dust up my nose...



Have you ever hung drywall? It's soooo much fun...not. Well, actually...hanging it isn't so bad it's the sanding that is the bummer. Anyway, I'm almost finished with the front room-so excited!! We shot with HGTV yesterday and we did a test run pouring our concrete counter tops. I can't tell you how they turned out...you'll have to watch and see. What a tease!

As I was working tonight I thought to myself...why did I sign up for this again? Shouldn't I be sitting in a chair having my nails done or something? Ha! One nice thing about all of this mess-no cooking! I must admit, I was pretty excited about the thought of hanging up my chef's hat for a bit while we spruced up the place but now I'm ready to have my kitchen back. I did make a salad tonight...but I hate trying to make anything in this dusty mess. Below is the fine white stuff that you can now find anywhere and everywhere throughout my house. When I was finished I stripped down to my undies in the back yard and had Sam spray me down with the water hose. I was covered in this stuff and I didn't want it to clog the drain! Call me crazy...but I thought it sounded like a good idea until he shot me with the first freezing cold shower. Oh well, I lived.

We now have three weeks to complete our renovation. Tomorrow I'm going to pick up the two new cabinets after work and Sam is going to finish up the drywall. On Tuesday we'll install a couple electrical outlets and then schedule the inspection with the city. That should be fun! I'll tell you all about our adventures with the city after all of this is said and done!

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend...and stayed far away from drywall dust. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment