Sunday, September 11, 2011

Monday...

The day after the tenth anniversary of Sept. 11th.

Where has the time gone? The event that literally changed the world seemed like it happened yesterday and today we move on. It doesn't seem right but that is life. Birth, death, new beginnings, old traditions and habits, schedules and life...yes, life in general. What is your life looking like these days? So many people who were in the midst of the tragedy vowed to change how they lived. I heard one interview about a man who always wanted to be a teacher. The day he ran from his NY office was his last day working at a desk. In just a short time he was living his dream and still today is teaching history.

What's keeping you from doing what you've always wanted to do? Money, time, talent or ambition?I bet it's none of those and has more to do with fear. Fear is the ultimate dream taker and it will stalk you until you tell it to bug off.

Since Sam and I started our business three years ago we've met a lot of challenges...but I wouldn't have it any other way. I think my hubby is happier now that he's ever been...and we are definitely still climbing the ladder. It seems like everyday I'm telling someone that they need to "just do it." I know that's cliche but oh so true. This HGTV project did not come at the best time. We were struggling with the programmers, had just left for London and we both had work waiting for us when we returned to L.A....but how often is one offered an opportunity such as this? Anyway...here we are-just doing it, and it's been a blast! Yeah, I was a little nervous but look at the progress we've made! Ha! It looks like a tornado just buzzed through the place but trust me...things are coming along!

Speaking of stopping...this vacuum doesn't know the word stop. I am amazed by my Dyson. It is a work horse and I highly recommend it! And on that note...have a good one! Oh...one more thing. We are about to begin our iPad promotion giveaway...so if you haven't "liked" Home Grown Apps on Facebook...do it now to stay up to date ! Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment