Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Bachelorette, single moms...and iPads.

I always have to throw in the iPad thing...huh? Well...since we are developing apps for kids I figure I need to at least mention it!

Seriously...technology isn't reserved for just one topic or one segment of our population-who doesn't go online for almost everything? From television to games to education, religion and "what not to wear", the tablet or p.c. is the first choice for most of us.

So...when it comes to dating...does technology play a part in your quest for love? Would you go on a dating show with or without kids and how would having a child effect your dating decisions? Would you sign up for a dating account online...like eHarmony?

I hate to admit it...but I'm a sucker for just about any dating show. Anyone a Bachelorette fan? Did you watch last night? If you didn't...I'll elaborate just a bit. The Bachelorette voted off a really nice guy...and I almost cried. He was a little annoying...but seemed genuine and was open about how he wanted to get married. He's the second guy in the video...


I thought Ryan was endearing...and that same sentiment was one of the reasons I think I fell in love with my husband (But remember...I don't know if this guys is the real deal-just my perception). I remember meeting Sam and he said he had been praying for a wife for years. Wow! Really? I couldn't believe he was so open and I loved his sincerity. Almost 12 years later...we are still together and I love him more now than I did when I first met him! But I digress...back to important things like television dating!

The second half of the show was dedicated to interviewing the last contestant on the Bachelor. She was a favorite...but alas, she and the guy who chose her are no longer together. She is a single mom and was going to uproot her daughter and move to be near him. She says she loves him still...but personally, I think she was really concerned more about her daughter and just couldn't wrap her mind around moving for a man that she wasn't sure about marrying. I applaud her for that...

A good buddy of mine...Christian Anderson is tackling those same topics. He is a former Home Shopping Network Host and has appeared in many different sitcoms, sports shows, etc...but his latest endeavor is a show about dating. Before you say anything...I know Christian and he's sincere. He's been doing a lot of research and I think he's on to something.

Now you too can get the scoop from a genuinely nice guy who wants to help all of you single ladies...with or without kids find the man of your dreams...or just someone who will pick up his socks from the floor (if that's what you are looking for...). Take a look at the video-maybe you'll recognize him then check out his website http://www.letstalkdatingonline.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment