Monday, July 25, 2011

The waiting game...and how to clean a stove!!

If you know me...patience isn't one of my virtues. I wish it was...and I can say I do have more patience than I used to...but, is that saying much?

So, we still haven't gotten a call from Apple about our app for kids, Bedtime Bunny Tales. We found another app using the exact same technology in the exact same way we are using it...so we have a legitimate argument. I have so many things to do, but with this in limbo it makes me feel like doing nothing!!

I do have something to keep my mind off waiting around. We are preparing the other side of our duplex here in CA, to be rented. The former tenants moved on Saturday, so it gives us plenty of time to clean, paint, fix and generally "doll up" the place. I love it when it's empty...I don't know why.


I love to clean...if I'm in the mood. I love the immediate gratification of cleaning woodwork...in one second it is grimy, n an instant-it's shiny! I must say...I don't have as much to clean as I usually do. These tenants were great...but I always clean the stove top thoroughly...because I have a secret. A secret grease cutting formula that will literally change your life. First of all...I have to tell you, I doubt if it's a good thing to use. It's probably toxic, but boy does it work.

2 years ago I was left with a stove top that was caked in some kind of grease. I don't know what she used to cook, but it must of been bad. Anyway...there was nothing I could do to get it clean...then I called my 70 something...year old aunt...her name is Lee.
She told me to put everything off the stove in a trash bag then pour ammonia in the bag and seal. A couple hours later...the grease was gone. I'm not talking a little gone...it had evaporated! Oh My Goodness...what happened to it? Anyway, I used my gloves to remove the very clean items from the bag then I sprayed them off with a garden hose, placed them in their correct positions and voila...instant shine!
Boy oh boy...was I happy! So...just yesterday I did the same.

So...while we wait to hear our fate from Apple...I'll continue to clean...maybe keep my mind off it. Tomorrow I'll tell you all about one of my favorite tools. The caulking gun...it too will change your life (ok...I've been using that phrase loosely but caulking does make things look pretty)!



It's a good feeling when you accomplish something...even if it's a little grimy.

No comments:

Post a Comment