Monday, July 18, 2011

From an idea to an App-transformations of all kinds

As I mentioned yesterday...we finished our app-Bedtime Bunny Tales!! It is being reviewed as we speak...but I just can't believe our first eBook is finished...whew! I feel like I need to reflect a bit...so here goes!

It has been such a long process. Three years ago Sam started his business and was taking on clients, building 3-D images and developing art work for many different companies, both large and small. In his spare time, he was working on BTBT's and we would have fun dreaming of what shape it would take. One day Sam saw a three year old at Best Buy playing on an iPad, swiping away! That day is when he said...we're going to make this thing into an app! I had no idea what he was talking about...but I went with it! Here's our latest and greatest...I think, Icon...

We started off with Hop 2 it...our counting game, as more of a trial than anything. A couple days after it was released I got a couple calls and emails from friends and strangers who said their cousin, nephew, friend, etc...who had autism, loved the app. Autism? I had no idea. Come to find out apps are great for those with developmental challenges. I guess it makes since-it engages you like nothing I've ever experienced. It's like you're watching a movie...but you're also a character in that movie and you can make things happen with just a tap or swipe.

One of the things I am so excited about is the remote reader. I know I've mentioned this before but...oooohhhhh, it is cool. You can literally interact with whomever is on the other end. You're on business and the little one needs to be tucked in...no problem. You can read to them as well as interact...kinda Jetson like. I just can't wait for you to experience it!

Oh...and I mentioned Android...wanted all of you to know,we're working on it! Everything we develop for the iPad...we're working on for all the other tablets. We'll let you know when!

So...in the spirit of transformation...from an idea...to an app, from an iPad app to an Android app, I'm going to give you something very tangible. When we were searching for some images to review we came across pictures of the house we bought here in Los Angeles, seven years ago. Talk about a change. I couldn't believe it myself. We were working and renovating at the same time...but I wouldn't change a thing. We did it all by ourselves...and a couple handy guys and it makes all the blood, sweat and tears worth it. Now...Here's to your awesome transformation...whether it's still in the "dream" stage or you're already pursuing it...keep at it! We're here for ya!




No comments:

Post a Comment