Thursday, July 21, 2011

It's Hot...everywhere but here.

What do people talk about when they have nothing else on their mind but how terribly hot it is...ice cream. Nah...they talk about the heat. I'm from Ohio...so I hear about the weather from my mom and dad, sister and see posts on Facebook. I hate to say it...but it isn't hot here in Los Angeles. We live about 20 minutes from the beach...so it never gets super hot. I take that back...once every blue moon, we have a heat wave, but they don't last long. This morning I decided I was going to the beach...Venice beach to be exact and if you've never been there it's quite the experience.


If you've never lived here...or visited, you may have some misconceptions. The song..."It never rains in southern California", well, that's not completely true. It rains in the winter...not a lot, but we do get a little. Oh, and there's this thing called June Gloom. I hate it. We have a lot of grey mornings...and sometimes the gloom sticks around all day...and I hate grey, rainy days-just not my thing. But today, it was beautiful and I took a dip in the water.



If you prefer the heat...just take a trip over the "hill". The "hill" as we like to call it, is the Santa Monica Mountains and it separates the west side, downtown, the beach, etc...from the valley-Aka-Burbank, Studio City,Glendale, etc. Remember "like...gag me with a spoon"? If you don't remember...I'm showing my age, but if you do...the girls referred to as "the valley girls", live over the mountains...in the area I just described. Anyway...back to the heat. My friend traveled from Studio City last night to Beverly Hills and it dropped 29 degrees!!! That isn't typical...it's usually about a 15 degree difference...but whoa!! That's a lot!

I'm late with my post today. We got some bad news...but I'll expound on that tomorrow. Hope you're chillin'...

No comments:

Post a Comment