Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Advertising and Marketing...ughh!


So....I am starting to believe that marketing is the most important thing when it comes to ANYTHING! And, when you work from home...these are the kinds of images you are bombarded with all day. Sad puppy dog eyes that want to go for a walk! I digress...back on point.

You can make the best product, cure cancer and bring peace to the middle east, but if no one knows about it...it doesn't matter. I guess I should not be surprised...I did work in television news, but it shocks me every time I go to do anything, that marketing and advertising has to be paramount.

So....all of that to say, Sam and I sat for two hours brainstorming on how we spread the word about Home Grown Apps. We made lists, we looked through Linkedin and Facebook, we thought back to when we were living in Savannah and Austin...memories collided and old wounds were exposed...hmmm, sounding pretty deep. Anyway...we came up with a fairly decent list...so if you are reading this post...you'll probably be receiving a phone call or email soon!

Now...onto our apps. We were pretty bummed to realize we haven't been receiving any compensation for the i-ads we thought were present on Hop 2 It. There was some kind of glitch in the system...so we've missed the revenue we could have been generating, but hey, these are the growing pains of building a game on your own. Sam is not only an amazing artist but he's got the mind of a programmer too...so he was able to figure it out and resend to Apple.

Also...a couple of our friends had trouble upgrading...which was a super bummer...since that is our basic money maker. When they clicked on the next level icon, it would take them back to the beginning of the game. When you build your game...FYI, play it everyday...a couple times a day. Quality control I guess you can call it.

Again...Sam threw a little magical artist/scientist fairly dust on the problem and hopefully it will
soon be fixed too! We are guessing it may take up to 5 days. I hope that's not the case...but I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment