Monday, April 25, 2011

Marketing and Cleaning-the life of an app creator!

Sam and I are both the CEO,CFO and just this morning I added another title, CCE. You haven't heard of such a title??? Well, let me enlighten you. CCE is Cleaning Crew Extraordinaire. Yes, when you are the owner of such a fancy office...you have to have a corresponding title. After all we do work from our garage...

Now on to some really good stuff...

I was pleasantly surprised as I fished through my friend's FB posts and discovered Sean, our music guy (see picture below), was featured in the Bucyrus Telegraph, not in just a little column, he was on the front page! You go Sean! Click below for the article


http://www.bucyrustelegraphforum.com/article/20110425/NEWS01/104250303/Bucyrus-HQ-worldwide-clientele-digital-musician



Also, I discovered a couple really basic things All independent app producers should know.

1. Make sure your description in the App store conveys the right message. I noticed that our sales were lagging, so I changed the paragraph to "Easter App" and sales went straight back up. This morning I changed it back to a more generic, "counting game", since the holiday is over and we might just get some interest from the article in the paper.

2. Send out press releases on anyone and everyone who helped you put your app together. Send out more press releases when you hit milestones. I sent out several and only one was picked up, but I think I may still be able to salvage a couple more. Regardless, send them...you never know.

3. Corporate Sponsorship. As you know, I'm always talking about marketing. Well, I read somewhere that you can build an exclusive corporate sponsorship for your app and immediately my wheels began turning. I'll update you if it works...but it sounds good! You would benefit from all of their advertisement...and if it's a big profitable company, and you have an app that fits their model...you may be featured in one or more of their commercials. Like I said, I'll keep ya posted.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment