Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A hike to start the day....



When you sit at a computer most of the day you really need to get out. Today I met my friend Jill at a park near our house to take in the scenery and get my heart racing (the hills are kinda steep).

I didn't take the pups...I felt guilty, but they aren't the quick little things they once were and if you are trying to get in a little work out they just can't keep up. Anyway...it was beautiful and hanging with my friend is always nice (She's the girl who came up with Hop 2 It)!

Like I promised yesterday...I'm going to give you a little insight on bloggers and how much they can help you if you can reach them.

I started working with Sam about 3 months ago and one of my very first tasks involved research...and lots of it. I talked with some marketing gurus and listened to some TED talks and quickly realized you need a mouth piece...someone, some group, some tribe to sing your praises. Yes, every download we get from friends and friends of friends matter...but once you get that one person who has hundreds of thousands of followers...you immediately become friends with all their friends! It's like joining a fraternity without all the hazing.

My biggest mistake when I started this process was trying to find the perfect blogging partner. Someone who would represent our brand well...someone I connected with...blah,blah,blah. I researched, I google'd, I read and researched some more. Then I made a list. Ok, I am going to contact this person first, then that person next, etc. Well, to my surprise, these bloggers are big business! They don't have time to go through all their emails! Some of them get hundreds...even thousands of messages a day!! Who knew?!?!?!

So....I'm back to square 2. Yes, square 2, not square one....because I believe the research helped me enormously and it also gave me ideas on how to reach these blogging queens.

No tips on working with programmers or talks about programmers...we are talking flowers today. Home Grown, nurtured and admired. Enjoy the pics and the little video.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment