Wednesday, April 27, 2011

New ideas....

As you know...we are new to the app development world and new to the blogging world too! Seems like a double whammy, but on the bright side, if a pro see's your work and offers their suggestion (even if it is really pity), I'm all ears!

So, this morning I met up with a couple marketing guru's for a walk on the beach. Pretty good way to have a business meeting, if I do say so myself. Anyway...this post is more for me than anyone-it's my way of jotting down my notes from our get together...and hopefully, it will help you too.

1. Niche marketing is key. I thought I knew my market-moms! That's not too difficult to figure out...but within that huge market there is a small, more intertwined group that could help us propel our app forward...way better than a very broad group. So, I have an idea-now I need to implement.

2. What's unique about our app? Market that unique quality...again within your niche market.

3. Run my advertising campaign from facebook. That's another obvious thing...but the way it's done is anything but obvious...at least to me. My friend offered some suggestions like watching a webinar or attending a conference. If I find anything good I'll let you know.

4. Now for the piece of advice I was kinda bummed to hear, but I'm very grateful to know...my blog has got to change. I am talking to other developers and small business peeps, but really my focus should be the mommies who will buy our product. Good lesson.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment