Monday, October 31, 2011

Crepes-I love them so I tried making them...

 My new obsession-Crepes. Well, it's not really an obsession and it's not really new-can't believe anything I say!

Seriously....since visiting France a couple years ago, I love me a good crepe! The savory one's are ok...but my favorite of course, are the one's with lots of whip cream! Actually...I've been trying to do away with cow's milk and I'm doing pretty well but when it comes to half and half in my coffee and whipped cream...there's no substitute. Anyway...here are some pics of my first attempt at being a crepe maker.
 First...I used the traditional buckwheat flour. Buckwheat is great for gluten intolerant peeps and it's kinda good. Contrary to popular belief...it isn't wheat at all-it's an herb, kin to rhubarb. It's cultivated for it's seeds and then ground into flour. It's earthy tasting...kinda nutty.



I don't know what happened...I think I needed to pour the mixture slower or something because I got a lot of bubbles in the batter. Regardless of it's look-my first wasn't very good, so I just slathered on a lot of my very own pumpkin mixture. Cream cheese, canned pumpkin, Chai tea powder (trader joes), pumpkin spice, sugar and honey. That was good...the crepe was just a vehicle for the fattening stuff!I kept trying and finally I got one crepe that was smooth and looked good...and actually it tasted good.





Maybe practice really does make perfect?

No comments:

Post a Comment