Sunday, October 16, 2011

Everyone gets old...and some wear diapers

Well, today I bought my first adult diaper. Thankfully, it wasn't for myself but regrettably it's for my aging puppy dog, Daisy. In 12 years she never had an accident in the house but about two months ago I noticed she was laying in something wet. I finally realized she wasn't able to control herself and didn't even know anything was wrong. I put her on meds...but this morning she had another accident....so, I bought her a diaper, well a pack of Depends. Who knew diapers were so expensive? Well...I'm sure all of you mom's know...but wow-it was such an eye opener. Gosh, this makes me so sad...I know Daisy isn't going to be around forever, but she's been with me, along with Suzy since I've been married so they are a very special part of our family.

So...on to better, brighter things. Today was a good day. We finally made it back to church and it was so good to hang with everyone. We're in this 20's-30's group and we have a brunch once a month. The guys who cater it are amazing. Fritatta's, amazing potato something or other, salad, cookies and mimosas! I mean really...at church? Well, it is All Saints-Beverly HIlls!
Saturday I met with an alumni group and we went to tea! That was another yummy experience. I wasn't a huge fan of the actual restaurant, but the food was pretty darn good. I'm actually not much of a tea drinker, more of a coffee gal but I really liked all of the varieties. It sounds like I did lots of eating and not much working this weekend but I did try and move some of our things back into the house. The kitchen is almost back to normal, but every time I clean something...magically the dust re-appears. I know now that if we ever...and mind you, I'm not planning anything, remodel anything ever again I will move all furniture,
kitchen ware, even the food in the cabinets because it all gets covered in dust. Even my beloved Dyson vacuum was unable to make it through this dust bowl. Remember, I was bragging about how amazing it was...but finally it just petered out. I washed the filter today and took it apart...I'm hoping that will bring it back from the dead. I love that thing!

Here's to a dust free week! Hope you have a wonderful Monday!





No comments:

Post a Comment