Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Where has the time gone?

Ok...some of you are waiting to see some "after" pics of our renovation but I haven't gotten the OK from HGTV to post any yet!! So sorry! I did promise to tell you a little about the experience so here goes...

First of all I'm glad it's over! Ha! No, it was a great experience but it was quite stressful, really dirty and truly exhausting! Working on a deadline when it comes to construction is just brutal! Anyway...

The most important thing I gained from this experience is perspective. I like that word...and it is soooo important to everything and everyone. I learned that my perspective is completely different than Sam's perspective. I'm a multi-tasker and he is a linear thinker. He does one thing really well, while I juggle a bunch of things and do them, good enough! Ha! Maybe that's what makes us work?!?!

One thing I know for sure...my environment really makes me feel differently. I've always been a rolling stone...ever since I can remember I had my bags packed,
going from house to house, town to town, state to state
and if I wasn't physically moving I was day dreaming about
traveling. Tonight, I feel so comfortable staying in. I really like
what we did with the place and I think I might stay awhile. The
producers/coordinators for the show brought lots of fresh flowers
and fruit with them to "stage" the place for the final scene and left them as kind of a "housewarming-we can't use these anymore-present" and I'm still enjoying them. All of that adds to the ambiance and I'm soaking it all in.


 So...to my tagline. Where has the time gone? I have no earthly idea! When did we start this project and how did it get done!? Also...I'm going to be another year older in about three hours. What?!?! Where has the time gone?!?! Every year it seems to fly by even faster than before but for now I intend to pack it full of "stuff", no...not the physical stuff you buy at the store but lots of experiences, adventures and people-people-people-the real stuff, no more of this drywall dust, kitchen remodel hooie...just good ol' company!  Hope you fill your house with the good "stuff" too!

No comments:

Post a Comment