Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Bedtime-Swaddling.


Our App for kids...Bedtime Bunny Tales, is just one of the many tools we hope parents will utilize when trying to get their toddler's on a routine...but just today I read something extraordinary about swaddling. I know swaddling isn't for a two year old, but I still wanted to share what I learned. For all of you who aren't familiar with the term...it's an ancient practice of wrapping your baby in a snug blanket so it feels more secure...kinda mimicking the womb.

First of all, a friend of a friend writes a blog called http://alittlegray.blogspot.com and I follow it. She was talking about her new born and how she found an old swaddling blanket. She wrapped her little bundle of joy up in it and she slept an extra two hours. Then, that peaked my interest. I did a little research...and according to some studies...the technique can help your baby sleep up to twice as long!! Wow...could you imagine!?!?!

Now, if only we can get our app for toddlers to do something miraculous like that??? Most of those who took our survey read the book to their children during the day...so we didn't get a good read on the Bedtime aspect of it! I will say, if you are looking for a beautiful looking story, we definitely have that end of it covered. Sam added another page to the book, so he is just finishing it up and whoa...it looks good! One of my very favorite illustrations is in fact...the bedtime page. Twinkles, Boomer and Banjo are all snug in their bed...dreaming of really good things and snoring!! If you haven't visited our website lately check it out. www.bedtimebunnytales.com

No comments:

Post a Comment