Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Toy Story 4?!?!?!?


In the words of my good friend Cherie...Oh My Word!!

Toy Story 4??? When will it ever end? Sam and I saw Toy Story 3 and thought it was pretty terrible but what do I know...I fell asleep! Actually...I can say that it was ok, but too many scary references! I know...I know, the fairy tales I grew up with were pretty bad too...but this is in 3d! First of all...the bear=creepy. Then the giant teeth on the shredder...then the fiery furnace...come on people! I was so glad I didn't bring our nephew...what's up with all that? But...I guess I should not be surprised the franchise is still going strong...it made millions...probably billions worldwide, so why not another one?! We'll see...it's just talk at the moment.

We just recently attended a mixer where we met a guy who worked in the horror division of Lion's Gate. Do you know horror is one of the most profitable genre's in Hollywood? People love to be scared...I guess, but I don't get it, especially when it comes to our little ones.

When Bill Myers was writing our first story we went back and forth...(like a normal writing session would go) and we discussed this issue of it being scary. I...personally, do NOT like anything scary...suspenseful yes...but not scary. Our one scary character...a vulture named Madam Sneerly, is pretty amazing looking and she's kinda intimidating but I don't think she'll give your kids nightmares.

Am I wrong about all of this? I just feel like whatever you sow into your life you'll reap. Not to negate grace but I can't expect to eat cupcakes everyday and not gain weight. I can't expect to make any money if I don't work...and if I watch/read a lot of scary things...doesn't it make sense that I might live in fear? We don't want to put that into our kids, do we?

No comments:

Post a Comment