Thursday, June 9, 2011

Motherlode...Are you happy being a parent?-She is!

So...this is a discussion...but first, let me tell you-the photo to the right is NOT of a momma who didn't want to be a momma. This is Annalee...mother to Sten, wife to Michael and sister to Sam...the creator of Bedtime Bunny Tales. I don't think I know anyone who likes being a mom more in fact...but I digress. The family visited us last weekend and we had a ball...which included a trip to Universal Studios.

So...back to the discussion. While I was researching/reading the Motherlode blog by Lisa Belkin (The New York Times )I was intrigued by her most recent post. Someone had written to her about being a parent. This reader didn't know if she wanted to be a mom and was hoping others would give her the pro's and cons. Actually, she wanted to hear from parents who- if they could do it all again...would they?

This is kinda scary...but I think it's something very valuable. . I read sooooo many mommy bloggers and I have to say, things have changed in the past oh...maybe 5 years. People are being more open about the struggles they face, day to day as a mom. They share their misgivings and aren't so worried about being perfect. I think that's a step in the right direction. If you can help one person make the right decision about having kids, you're helping not only that person but the entire world. I think we take having children very lightly. Without sounding too cliche, children are the future and if you don't feel you have the time, resources, love and understanding, maybe you shouldn't be a parent?!? I don't know, what do you think?

I know there are a lot of good mommies and daddies out there-and plenty are searching for free apps for kids, apps for kids...apps for anything and everything having to do with entertaining and educating their kids-so someone out there in cyberspace is trying hard to figure this parenting thing out! Who knows if the world wide web is helping or hurting...but regardless it's here to stay. That was the driving force behind why we are producing apps for kids. We want to be a safe resource for parents...and hopefully a great place for kids to grow and learn!

2 comments:

  1. I love being Christians momma! He calmed all my fears, and I never feel alone. When I'm sad I think of him or look at him and my sadness fades

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear...but with a face like his...how could you not??? xoxo

    ReplyDelete