Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Giving instead of Advertising....

Yesterday I thought to myself...why are we doing this? I know why...but what does the bigger picture look like? I've always wanted to make money so I could have the freedom to help whomever I'd like, but maybe we could build a company that is helping others in the midst of the construction?!? Apps for kids...apps for learning, apps for cheap gas-what does it all mean? This new frontier we are embarking upon is about ease. Things that make us more comfortable...constant entertainment...everyone and everything competing for your attention all the time! So why not use it for good? All of our stories and games are good. They teach lessons or educate in some way...but what if we took it a step further?

Toms Shoes is a perfect example. Every pair of shoes he sells, he gives one away. So here's my idea. For every download of our eBook, we give part of the proceeds to a charity...instead of spending money on advertising...we give money away...while getting free advertising from said charity's data base.

Don't get me wrong. We tithe. We give gifts, so that's a given...but to give/while getting sounds like a win-win to me?!?!

We are big animal lovers. We've been rescuing dogs since we were married and we also have a heart for orphans. We want to make a schedule for our promotions...maybe focus on five different charities. We're thinking...ASPCA, Free To Smile, Autism Speaks and probably a local rescue organization. How do you make a difference? We'd love to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment