Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Adventures in London Part I

London!!! We love you but we must say farewell!

My first post last week was from 30-thousand feet so why not start this week off on the same foot? At this point I have no idea what time it is but I’m high in the air, just south of Ireland,jumping the pond…on my way to Boston.

I have lots to tell you about but first I have to give props to Delta. No, I’m not being paid to say this but if you haven’t signed up for an American Express Delta Card….whoa, you’re missing out. I’ve had this card for several years but just recently I was bumped up to a better plan-I thought-ok-I guess I’ll take it if they’re giving it…and I’m sooooo glad I agreed to the bump! This is what it looks like and here's the website for more info...


http://www.deltaskymilescard.com/?ccsgeep=40600&openeep=30212&psboth=CCSG_Google_B_Delta_MS

We were rushing off to our gate and we heard over the loud speaker “Sam Gebhardt, Angela Williams-Gebhardt, please come to the check-in desk.” Immediate panic set in. Oh no…what did we lose, forget or do wrong? NOTHING! We got an upgrade-FREE!!! Oh goodie…goodie! So…now I’m typing this post as I sip champagne in a recliner.We are having chilled shrimp as an appetizer, butternut squash soup, mixed green salad, steak and chocolate cake for desert. I’m not listening to the inflight service on those flimsy little ear buds they usually give you…this time they gave us these big noise cancellation headphones…wow, the life of the rich and famous, maybe one day…but for now I’ll settle for the freebie!!! Yippie! As I re-read this post I am thinking to myself..."I just left an amazing city and I'm talking about food, what's wrong with me?", I can't help it. I am easily excited and I just love, love, love it when I am surprised!!

Now to our fabulous adventures in London…our first day was pretty magical…and it included a trek to Canterbury. Canterbury is home to the great Cathedral and is not only awe inspiring but the journey itself was a spiritual one that left me in tears. We visited the 12th Century structure as tourists but quickly realized it was our pilgrimage. The Archbishop of Canterbury is the senior bishop and principal leader of the Church of England, the symbolic head of the worldwide Anglican Communion, and the diocesan bishop of the Diocese of Canterbury. In his role as head of the Anglican Communion, the archbishop leads the third largest group of Christians in the world. (it would be considered the Vatican for protestants-I guess!). Regardless of affiliation…it was an inspiration and made me realized I still had a lot to do in order to live the life I feel I'm meant to lead.

After leaving the Church’s campus we had tea at the Buttermarket then headed back to our place in Enfield (a suburb of London-abd one of the many neighborhoods that were looted during the riots). Speaking of the place we stayed…I promised pics, but I don't have any!!

During our stay in the U.K. we didn’t have cell service so we really couldn’t do much business. Tomorrow we’ll be back at Apple’s doorstep wondering when our eBook will be cleared for purchase! In the meantime, we’ll talk about our vacation. I have lots more to tell…until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment