Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Adventures in London Part II

After the first day of touring Canterbury we were pooped!!! I mean jet lag hit us fairly hard so we decided to hang around the house-take a walk through the countryside…unpack and such but the next day we hit the streets again to see all of what the city had to offer. I must say it was quite the experience riding the subway, the double decker buses…and just walking the streets of such historic places and happenings. It took us quite a while to make it to the city, well, probably about an hour including the transfers and the cab rides but it was well worth it. First off we had lunch across the street from the famed St. Paul’s Cathedral (I’ll tell you about that later-we went to services on Sunday), then a walk around Parliament and Big Ben. Big Ben is a gold clock that sits atop the government building….it’s massive and plated in gold. I don’t know if it’s solid gold or just overlay…but I couldn’t help but to think how hard it would be to keep it clean! Anyway…at just about the most in opportune time it began to rain…and I mean it started to pour! We here in L.A. aren’t accustom to sudden down pours but while in London it seemed fitting. We walked the city, past the giant Ferris wheel called the Eye, crossed the river Thames and then headed back to the train.

Back to reality….and as I sit here in my office in California-Sam is preparing to meet the folks at Education.com. We met a couple ladies at BlogHer who started the website dedicated to bringing the most up to date data to you and your kids-and most of it free of charge. We talked with them about developing some apps that will go along with their curriculum. Could be a match made in Heaven…I’ll keep ya posted…and I’ll tell you about our fantastic Saturday afternoon in England. We went to see a play and it was one of the highlights of not only my vacation…but I think of my life! I know, that sounds ridiculous…but that’s the power of cinema, theatre and special effects combined! I can’t wait to tell you about it. Until next time.

1 comment: