Sunday, August 7, 2011

BlogHer....the convention that rocked!

Wow! I'm pooped! Just going through the cards I collected from other bloggers from all over the country-truly amazing. Am I the only person in the world that didn't know anything about blogging until about six months ago? I must admit...I hate to learn anything new when it comes to technology...I know, that's crazy...but I'm impatient and learning software takes time!!


Anyway...I found that I am not the only woman who isn't into techie stuff. Yes...out of the 3-thousand plus women who attended the convention, I'd say at least 2-thousand of them were avid bloggers and not many of them were pumped about learning how things worked...they just liked telling stories...writing and changing the world in which we live. That's a woman for ya! Oh...and you could sooooo tell a group of ladies put this convention together. First, the food was amazing...and the options were endless...even vegan and gluten free! There was an entire ballroom committed entirely to sponsors and did they do it right! Everyone was giving away super swag...not to mention hand massages, manicures and yummy chocolate goodies-like I said...women know how to put on a party/conference.

Sam went with me...he was my secret weapon, being he's McSteamy and all. He made some really good connections and one potentially awesome connection-but I'll let you in on that as it materializes. I'm super tired but just to recap the weekend-it was jammed packed with sessions on how to make your blog a business...how to pitch an idea, how to impact the world, help kids with learning challenges/behavioral problems and everything in between. The Pioneer Woman was there on Thursday...but her session was booked so I wasn't able to sneak a peek. If you don't know her...she's super blogger extraordinaire. She started four years ago and now has a million followers, has written a couple books and is producing her own cooking show. Yes...that's the blogging world. Like I said...amazing!

I want to tell you much more but that's it for now. I can't keep my eyes open! Just an FYI-we had to resubmit the app for kids, Bedtime Bunny Tales to Apple without the remote reading option. Hopefully, they'll approve it now! Oh...don't let me forget to write about San Diego, it is soooo beautiful. I want to move there. Hope your weekend rocked!

No comments:

Post a Comment