Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Hollywood!


Last night we went to a party in Hollywood...not in the neighborhood or close to it...literally at an apartment on Hollywood Blvd. I don't know if you know anything about the wood but it wasn't always as cools as it is today. We moved here about 7 years ago...then moved to Austin, Columbus and then back to L.A.. Within that 7 yrs...you wouldn't believe all of the changes. Across the street from the party there stood an LA Fitness Gym, a grocery
store and several shops. None of that was here before we left and the streets were full of people walking about, laughing...going to their respective homes, eateries, etc. 10 years ago that was NOT the scene. Hollywood was known for prostitutes, drugs-you get the drift...but the city poured some mullah into it's famed street and voila...after a couple million...(cough,cough), you have a beautiful Blvd. I'll have to go take some pics closer to Hollywood and Vine (the other end of the street), it has had a facelift too and it's looking quite lovely. Speaking of lovely...the cutie wearing the flowers is Caroline, the Birthday girl, sitting in her super cool apartment. I wouldn't normally post a photo of myself with my mouth wide open...but I guess I talk a lot and gesture with my hands, so it was hard NOT to find a decent, well demure picture of me. Anyway...look past my big ol' self and look at those windows!! Wow...I am in love with this building. I think it must have been built in the 20's or 40's...it's very art deco and I love, love, love the arched windows and the hallway...beautiful!! Thanks Caroline...hope you had an amazing Bday!

Now...I don't want to get sentimental or mushy or anything like
that but I do want to say thank you for everyone who has been
supporting us on this journey. I hate to even use that word, it is almost cliche but that's exactly what it has been. New friends, old friends and family...thank you for following us...we appreciate it!

What inspired me to extend this thank you was a post I received from an old friend from college yesterday, Katie Sweet. Katester...as we call her, has worked in education since graduation and just recently gave birth to her second child. In the message she left she said "Ang-you've always lived a fairy tale life". Looking at these pictures and reading posts entitled "Hollywood" one might agree, but it is all very relative. I'm super thankful for all of my adventures and I love to share them with you...but I am also just as excited to hear about your life and the adventures you are experiencing everyday. Giving birth, watching your daughters recital...playing ball with your kids...all of that makes a fairy tale...and none of this Hollywood stuff can even compare! I love living in Los Angeles but I'm convinced that we can all live our own "fairy tale" each day by being aware of all of the many things that make us happy...even if we can't find our names on a star or in lights! Thanks Katester for following...I'm following you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment