Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Mister Rogers, We got a call from Apple and the Bachelorette

What do Mister Rogers, Apple and The Bachelorette have in common? Not a damn thing, but let's talk.

First of all...to those of you who are keeping up with us, a representative from Apple called us yesterday to tell us we have to add "game play" to our app for kids, Bedtime Bunny Tales in order to keep the remote reader portion of the book. I wasn't too happy with that response. Yeah, just add a game to your book...that won't cost several thousands of dollars and who knows how long?!?!? Anyway...I think we are going to try and remove the remote reading technology just so we can get the book on the iTunes Store. Once it is up and running we'll try and add it back later. I really just want it to be live by Thursday...just in time for the conference BlogHer. Please keep us in your prayers!!

Now onto the next unrelated topic...Mister Rogers' Neighborhood! Did you ever watch it? I hate to admit it but as a kid I never saw the show...now when I see it I think, gosh this is great. Just an old fashion way of teaching children how to treat others. Kinda like Sunday school. Mister Rogers was a Presbyterian Minister and he taught with such great authority-yet you didn't even know you were learning a lesson. I like that kind of teaching. Anyway...here's the scoop on the neighborhood...

The classic kids TV series Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood is getting a 21st Century overhaul, the PBS announced Sunday.

The new series, titled Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood , will incorporate the original “Mister Rogers” characters as adults with young kids of their own living in the Neighborhood of Make-Believe.

While the original Rogers series could be enjoyed by a wide range of different aged viewers, the new version primarily targets preschoolers.
Check out this image!

Now...onto the really important stuff...The Bachelorette finale!! I know...I know, this is garbage but I love it! Well, I have to admit it, I didn't really love this season. I didn't love her...she was sweet but her lack of confidence was annoying and the guys were alright...just no one I LOVED! Anyway, she didn't pick my choice so I'm doubting their love makes it...but who am I to predict this? I found this video online...5 minute interview-kinda good-she says she isn't insecure...hmmmm.

Ok...I finally have to get back to finishing our rental unit. The new tenant moves in tomorrow!! Hope you're beating the heat!

No comments:

Post a Comment