Thursday, August 25, 2011

Final Day in London and Lights, Camera-Action!

Today…I’m busy-really busy. We have to get ready for the first taping of HGTV’s Professional Grade…which is tomorrow! I’ve been moving all of my stuff to the garage, going through paperwork and just doing some overall purging. I talked to the producer and she said an entire crew…about 15 peeps will descend upon my house on Saturday complete with lights, cameras and armed with a slew of professional carpenters just waiting to tell us how our project is going to take lots of time, energy and money!! Here's a full episode of the show we'll be taping...

Hopefully I’ll be able to shoot a little video of all the excitement. We are only demo’ing Saturday, so nothing mind blowing but should be fun. I must admit, I'm kinda nervous.

We didn’t get the finished version of Bedtime Bunny Tales like the programmers promised…but supposedly we’ll have it by Monday…ughhhh!!!!!

I am finishing up my diary dedicated to our Vacay to London. Our last day of touring lead us to Sunday Service at St. Paul’s Cathedral. The church is across the street from Parliament and it is massive….I mean, huge!!! I think there’s a charge to tour the historic place of worship during the week but we were attending service, so we were able to get an intimate view of it’s majesty-free of charge. The Church was very formal… the choir sat in seats facing one another, not the congregation and there was lots of liturgy. The preacher’s sermon was good, he talked about Jonah and the Whale and how it was God’s love that spit him from it’s belly. I thought that was a fair take on it! Although the building was absolutely beautiful…the acoustics were terrible. It was really hard to hear, which is such a shame…but I don’t know what you’d do about it…put in a drop ceiling?? I don’t think so. Anyway…it was an experience.

Next up we toured a home from the 18 century called the Dennis Severs’ House. It was a row house built of brick…five stories high, that was furnished with period chairs, tables, beds and such. As you entered the house you were told NOT to talk in order to experience the tour in a more creative way. Each room told a story. The kitchen was full of food that would have been served during that period of time- complete with broken bread and a basket of veggies. As you climbed the stairs you entered a new story-one room was in disarray with chairs lying on their backs, glasses turned upside down. It was a scene of a party that got a little out of hand and ended in a squabble…1700’s style. It was eight pounds to tour the house which is roughly 12 dollars and it was well worth it. Here's a good article about the tour...

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/jan/17/entertainment/la-ca-dennis-severs17-2010jan17

And this now concludes your tour of London. Thanks for joining me!!!

2 comments: