Thursday, August 25, 2011

Adventures in London Part III

Hello!!! Hope your day is going wonderfully!!!

I was thinking…I’ve been talking about our adventure in London and I neglected to mention the most important thing about the trip…it was a *family* vacation! I mentioned Sam’s mom and dad had swapped their Colorado house for the duplex/townhome in Enfield but I neglected to mention all of the folks that joined us.

Of course…Sam’s very, very sweet parents Suzy and Jack along with our nephew Sten, Sam’s sister, Annalee and her hubby Michael. On Friday night we were joined by Sam’s cousin Rebecca who lives in London with her new husband, Giuseppe. We had a glorious night of talking and visiting and Suzy made an amazing dinner-home cooked roast with potatoes and carrots, and fittingly, strawberries with England’s version of whip cream-clotted cream! Clotted cream is just a more decadent version of the American stuff…just thicker! What could be wrong with that??? Well, if you whip it too much you might just make butter…but then again…how bad could that be?

Saturday morning we headed to the city for the Broadway Musical…Wicked. If you haven’t heard of it…it’s been around since 2003 and it’s the back story of the two witches of Oz. I don’t know if I’ve told you this, but The Wizard of Oz is one of my very favorite movies of all time, so seeing this play was not only something I’ve wanted to do for almost ten years, it helped complete the legendary story I so love!!! Let me just tell you…if you haven’t seen this show-buy your tickets NOW! It was unbelievable…I mean unbelievable!! The two witches were excellent…and their voices…defy gravity-literally! You’ll have to see it to figure out that last line…but trust me…go see it. If you need a little inspiration-listen to this!!!

After the show we walked around and ended up at an Indian Restaurant eating some delicious curry!! My good buddy Heather said having curry in England is a must…and since India was a UK territory for so many years it seemed the right thing to do…and it was. We ate at a place called Paradise…I can’t remember it’s exact location but it wasn’t far from the Apollo Theatre.

We have been pretty consumed with getting ready for the HGTV, Professional Grade shoot this Saturday. I've been to the LA building permit office twice with no luck. A structural engineer is coming by today to draw up plans...hopefully he'll help us get the permit! The programmers say we'll have the new version of our app for toddlers, Bedtime Bunny Tales for both the iPad and the iPhone today. Keep your fingers crossed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment